Thursday 21 July 2016

Colouring on Kraft.......

Second post today.......Deadline approaching......
Having fun with Camp Create and the MFT Challenge
and another challenge for me is Colouring on Kraft......
I wanted to try a few different techniques whilst using the same stamps....
I don't have coloured pencils so I have used the mediums that I have......
Stamped and heat embossed the flowers in white EP.
Used a brush and white pigment ink for the first layer.
The flowers where coloured  using acrylic paints.
The Hello sentiment has been die cut and raised up onto foam.
Finished off with stripes of silver washi tape stuck to CS and trimmed,
flicked with white ink and doodling around the edges.
I liked how artsy the white pigment 'played' with the acrylic paints....
Stamped with black archival ink.
Used a brush and white pigment ink for the first layer.
The flowers where coloured  using Zig water-colour pens.
The Happy sentiment has been die cut and raised up onto foam.
Finished off with stripes of silver washi tape and flicked with black ink.
I wanted to see if I could use water-colours on Kraft 
and by using the white pigment ink first it worked...
Stamped and heat embossed with clear EP.
Used a brush and white pigment ink for the first layer.
The flowers where coloured  using acrylic paints and Zigs.
The Thanks sentiment has been die cut and raised up onto foam.
Finished off with stripes of gold washi tape,
dotting/doodling with a white gel pen on the flowers and a gold pen in the corners.
Interesting effects with pigment, Zigs and acrylics.
I will be trying coloured pencils next....'when' I get them!
Sorry the post is so long today.......
I have enjoyed participating in the MFT Camp Create Challenge and for me this is the final card...
This is a photo of the 5 cards for the challenge...

I am also entering the CAS Mix Up Challenge and The Paper Players CAS/Watercolor challenge..
with today's kraft card......

Thank you so much for stopping by.
Crafty Hugs x
Challenges I would like to enter....
Hello Blue Card......
MFT Camp Create - Coloring on Kraft
MFT funky flower stamps and Hello die cut sentiment
Happy Little Stampers - Anything using Dies
Thanks Pink Card......
CAS Mix Up Challenge - Stamp-Colouring-Plus Die Cutting-Doodling
Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge 14 - Top horizontal line
Embossing/Doodling/Add Dimensional
Heat Embossing/White gel and gold pen doodling/Sentiment raised onto foam and glitter washi tape
The Paper Players - Water-colour - CAS



23 comments:

Loll said...

Such a great technique Mac. I have not tried colouring on Kraft ... but something I definitely want to try. Thanks so much for showing us how the different paints / zig markers worked with this technique. This is a beautiful design and layout. Love it done in the different colours, and with the different added detailing. Great job!! And all five of you cards you show at the end of your post are amazing! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Patti said...

Oh nice Mac! these are great! I love the coloring on Kraft. I have not tried this technique either but now I want to!! You did such a fantastic job on your CAMP submissions!

Patti

Cara said...

I love colouring on kraft using spectrum noir pencils. I haven't tried putting down a white base layer yet, so it was fascinating to see how yours turned out. They all turned out fabulous! Cara x

*Vicki* said...

Wow what a stunner these cards are!! I love that white embossing and the splatter effects over the kraft as it really makes it pop! The glitter strips around the sentiments frame it in nicely too!! Gorgeous cards...ALL of them and glad you had as much fun as I did with this!! :) So fun to go through and see all of your cards!! HUGS

*Vicki* said...

P.S. I just wanted to say that I changed my profile photo back because I absolutely hated the other one!! LOL!! I don't like taking photos of myself at all!! I'm sure most people feel that way. :)

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful technique, Mac! It's one I haven't tried. Yet!.. I love the results and such a wonderful contrast with the black die cuts! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Aileen said...

Wow these are stunning Mac, love the colours you have used. Really like that flower but I am going to resist and try with a different flower. This technique is brilliant, have to try it. Has to be easier than pencil colouring yet gives the same look.

kiwimeskreations said...

Well done on great results using what you have on hand - wonderful results and a great collection of cards for the week.
Blessings
Maxine

Pamellia said...

Wow Mac, these are gorgeous! So many different looks with the same design, nice!! I love the white ones with the blue centers, something about the contrast on the kraft just sucked me right in! Fun to see them all lined up like that! hugs :)

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Fabulous colouring skills Mac! I think my favourite would have to be the blue one coloured with Acrylic paints! LOVE that layout too! Have a great day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Hannelie said...

Stunning cards Mac! So glad you joined the Paper Players this week!

Diane said...

Wow, what wonderful technique and the designs are so pretty.

Hugs Diane

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

You have been busy! I really like your technique with the white ink and then paint. It is so opaque and the blended look is really pretty!

Chris Dring said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! Your cards look absolutely amazing! Did I mention, WOW!!

Shawna said...

Another amazing card Mac!! I think I will take Chris's comment 'WOW, WOW, WOW!'!!

SewPaperPaint said...

It definitely shows that you enjoyed working on this, every last card is amazing! Your stamping is truly inspiring. Hugs, Autumn

Judy1223 said...

Oh, I do love these cards! What a beautiful set! I loved reading your technique, I will definitely have to try this! Gorgeous coloring on kraft, I love all the colors you chose! Thanks for joining us at Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #14!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Gorgeous! I'm a great fan of white embossing on Kraft card as I really think it makes the image pop and these cards are a perfect example of that. The paint has worked exceptionally well on the white ink and had produced the most vibrant colours. I really like how you've trailed the flowers down the side of your cards and how the black sentiment stands out really well too. This is a beautiful set of cards. Sandra X

Greta said...

What a wonderful set of cards! I would never have thought to lay down white pigment ink & then color with Zigs, but now I want to try it! The foil card is stunning!

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Beautiful Set of cards..love your coloring on Kraft..Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stamper's anything goes with dies Challenge.

Nora Noll said...

What a nice set of cards. You mastered the coloring on kraft. Those flowers look fabulous!! Thanks for playing at Stamping Smiles Designs Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge!!

Nora

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

An awesome trio of cards! Can't decide which one I like best! Kraft always looks so good, especially in your hands!

BożenA said...

Thank you for showing new possibilities. You made me realize that paper craft, first you have to use white paint. Thanks so much for science. Your cards are beautiful, I see the differences associated with the use of different media. I really like also the last show 5 cards to the challenges. WOW !!
hugs,
BozenA