Friday 10 February 2017

Love is in The Air..

Today's card...
Thank you so much for the shout out at City Crafters for my card x
I started by roughly tearing a hole in a piece of paper to use as a mask. 
The text was then stamped into the hole to give me a rough edge.
The ink pen was stamped over it, embossed and the sentiment added.
I wanted it to look like one collage stamp.

The cute envelope was die cut.
The little hearts where cut from left overs, from a previous card 
using the foam marbling technique.
I finished with a little doodling, splats and some glossy accents.
After splatting I thought it looked sort of like a heart 
so helped it along by adding white splats!

City Crafter Challenge this week is S.W.A.L.K...
Use an envelope or letter....
I of course read it wrong and put on SWAK....
As the challenge was my starting point and inspiration for today's card 
I am hoping you will chuckle at this? x

I would also like to link my card up to
The Paper Players - Will You Be My Valentine? -Inspiration from the photo
The Card Concept - Love and Romance - Inspiration to use Pink Hearts
I think my card would be classified as CAS ...as it has open space and limited layers
but may tip over to Clean and Layered because of the coloured hearts and accents
Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies

Thank you so much for stopping by, I really do appreciate it.
Crafty Hugs x
City Crafter Challenge














22 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

I LOVE your sweet Valentine! The text background is perfect for your fun envelope! The old pen is so vintage! Glossy Accents makes everything better! LOL! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

Estelle TBT said...

Wow! Perfect CAS Valentine's card!
Love the way you build it, very clever! This little rain of hearts is so sweet.
Thanks to you, I learnd something new today: SWALK 😉

Ros Crawford said...

Swak sound much better to me haha! LOVE your card and it's perfect for our challenge!
Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB - Have a great day!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

It DOES look like a collage stamp. I love your idea of tearing the hole in the paper to get a random look. Really lovely card!!

*Vicki* said...

You are so creative my friend!! I absolutely ADORE the tiny floating pink hearts coming from your envelope! Awesome job with this stunning collage design!! Thanks for sharing this gorgeous design! HUGS

Stella said...

I am with Ros; SWAK sound sperfect for me. And you nailed our them. Your card is stunning! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB! Good to have you with us!

Stella said...

Sorry for my typing; I meant "SWAK sounds perfect to me".

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Another fantastic design Mac my friend! Love the way you masked with torn paper . . . I would never have thought of that! Great collage look! Those sweet little hearts coming out of that pretty envelope is just adorable! Thanks for telling us how you achieved it! Have a wonderful weekend my friend! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

BożenA said...

Sweet card :-)
Hugs,
BożenA

stampwithsandy said...

Oh I love this! Your collage style stamping and cute little envelope make the perfect backdrop for the shiny pink hearts! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

Susan Powell said...

I love the collage style of your card and the pen with the words at the end of it - LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Card Concept.

Marina said...

Perfect for our challenge and such an interesting and fresh look.Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

cuilliesocks said...

WOW! absolutely fabulous Mac, brilliant design, lovely background and lovelthe little envelope, Kate x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I salute your creativeness, this is absolutely gorgeous.
Faith
swak!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So sweet, your card! Those glossy pink hearts are so pretty!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Fabulous take on the City Crafter theme - I love your collage!

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Well done on such a great card! Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with a Die Challenge

Emma - DT

Julie B said...

Fun Valentine, particularly suitable for the males of this world!
The hearts pouring from the letter look fab.
Thanks for joining in at HLS. :)

Shawna said...

Ohhhh.... I saw this at City Crafter and thought it was too cute not to comment. Okay well... this is so cute!!! The pink hearts just pops off the page with all the black and white surrounding the hearts... I love this card Mac and it deserved a win!! Congrats, my friend.

Greta said...

Everything you make is a masterpiece! What a wonderfully designed card--so clever & beautiful!

Helen Gullett said...

What a sweet and beautiful card. LOVE those hearts flying out of the envelope :)
Thank You for playing along with HLS February Anything Goes With Dies Challenge!

Donna said...

Well nobody said it had to be a loving kiss, did they?
Love it. x