Thursday 20 August 2015

Precious Metal



Indigo Blu Challenge
This months Indigo Blu Challenge is Precious Metals
I am thrilled to have made Top 3 for this card as this was way out of my comfort zone x
I have made this card for the challenge.
I wish my photos looked the same as the card I am looking at....
but they don't! 
The 'Precious Metal' look doesn't come out in the photos as well as I had hoped.
I started by stamping and embossing in black lots of Indigo Blu stamps onto metal
and then added dimension with an embossing tool





I then cut the metal into shapes and until I was happy with the layout

I thought it was a good idea to take a photo at this stage 
as I liked the look of just the silver metallic layout...just in case adding colour didn't work out!
 I then masked off the an area that I was going to use to stamp The Poppy Stamp and applied colour using alcohol inks and acrylic paints.
I tried several colours of Gilding flakes onto black card, including Variegated Red Gold and Silver Moon. Although the Variegated Red Gold was the perfect match it didn't show any contrast with my card so I settled on Silver Moon.
I have never done anything like this before and really enjoyed the challenge of challenging myself to do a 'Precious Metal' card and getting messy along the way.
                                                  
        Crafty Hugs x
I used Indigo Blu stamps from 'Bubbles Background', 'Crackleglaze Background', 'Ledger Background', 'Sarah's Choice', 'Poppy Medow' and 'Nature 1'.
I also used Frantage/Stampendous elements of Mica, beads and glass glitter





6 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous card, lots of metal!! Love the texture. Good luck in the IndigoBlu challenge. Kay x

Mac Mable said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments, loved doing the card!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my goodness it looks amazing!!! What a stunner!

Mac Mable said...

Thanks Ros, delighted with my Top Three as this was way out of my comfort zone. Thanks for stopping by and your generous comments x

Dianne said...

What a wonderfull creation ! I love all the texture in it.. and the unuseable way of working with the stamps.. Love it ! and congrats with your ending in the top three !

Mac Mable said...

Thank you so much for stopping by and the kind comments x Congratulations to you too!