Sunday 24 January 2016

Happy Birthday

A card with Brusho's from my play day yesterday
The background is a couple of different colours of Brusho's, smooshed around.
I usually wet the card and pop the Brusho's on or Brusho's first then spray with water
but I tried smooshing with them this time on a craft mat.

I have used the HLS Fun Birthday sentiments and Mix Mash stamp sets.
You can never have enough sentiment stamps.
The stamps are all separate, so I popped some of them onto an acrylic block 
and stamped in Dark blue ink.
I then swapped them across and re-stamped in Brown ink.
The circles have been stamped with inks and the white ones heat embossed.
Finished off with sequins. I have only recently started to use sequins and I am loving them!
Such a huge selection of colours and suitable for a boys/mans card too, which surprised me.

I've kept the card to one layer, left open space and used minimal embellishments....CAS
I've CASE'd the designer card as the water colour background against the bold sentiment inspired me.
Crafty Hugs x
Challenges......
Happy Little Stampers - CAS challenge-Smooshing
Happy Little Stampers - CASE the Designer Challenge
Happy Little Stampers - Ongoing and anything goes using HLS stamps
Addicted to Stamps and More - Make Your Mark
Cardz4guyz - Blue is the Colour



20 comments:

Lilian said...

Fun card!!! Love how the background turned out!
Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Jane Willis said...

Gorgeous background and a really striking card. Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz (actually I thought you were on the DT now, I must have got confused, it doesn't take a lot to confuse me LOL)
Jane

Peanut said...

Simply gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely stunning design with those brushos...I really must find some more time to play!! ;)

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love the smooshing and the cluster stamping of the sentiments! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Mac Mable said...

That is so kind, thanks x

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for stopping by. You where right but things didn't work out x Thanks for remembering and love joining in the challenge x

Mac Mable said...

Thank you very much x

Mac Mable said...

Yes I find them fun, thanks for stopping by x

Helen said...

Great card - love the background

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x

Mac Mable said...

Thanks Helen x

Loll said...

Sweet! Love your smooshed brusho background ... gorgeous. And great collage stamping! xx

Mac Mable said...

Thank you very much x

Ros Crawford said...

Holy Moly this is fabulous!!

Mac Mable said...

Always so kind, thank you very much x

Kylie said...

Wow, wow. I love your collage of sentiments. You have used those sets brilliantly Mac! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Mac Mable said...

I very much enjoyed making the card and using your stamps x

Shona Chambers said...

That smooshed background is so fantastic and really loved the colours you used. Fabulous idea to use the sentiments in different directions, gives it a lot of interest. Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!!!

Sue said...

Gorgeous smooshing and stamping! Thank you for joining in at Happy Little Stampers.

Mac Mable said...

Thank you so much x